When it comes to cleaning and organizing your home, sometimes it is just easier to do things yourself. Sometimes your kids just don’t know how to do it right. But as you know by now, your kids are little sponges and soak up habits, good and bad, quickly. Take time out to show your kids how to complete tasks in your style. Guide them with constructive criticism as they struggle along their own little journey towards organization. It may take a few (or many more) tries but by spending a little time showing kids how your would like things done, you can earn a few precious “mommy minutes” for yourself after they’ve gone to bed. Here are some ideas for easy tasks for kids of most ages:
- Put away laundry. (Place clothes in lower drawers where they can put away.)
- Pick up toys. (Use pictures to label where toys go for children who don’t read yet.)
- Invite kids to help you cook and, most importantly, clean.
- Load the dishwasher after meals.
- Feed the pets. (And walk the pets if they're old enough.)
- Take out the garbage and/or recycling.
- Water the houseplants, outdoor plants or garden.