- Pack up any toys, books, blankets, paperwork and other piles that may be cluttering the floors of bedrooms, living rooms, offices and family rooms.
- Remove any seasonal clothing that is not currently being worn to make closet space look larger then arrange remaining clothes by color to make the closet more visually appealing.
- Place any extra furniture that is not regularly used into storage to make rooms appear larger.
- Empty storage areas like the basement and garage of all but the essential items you will need while your home is on the market.
- Pack up dishes and appliances in the kitchen that you do not use on a regular basis. Buyers will open your cupboards and drawers.
A bit of preparation can go a long way in alleviating some of your moving related headaches. That's why I will be focusing on preparing you and your family for smooth moves during the month of March.