BLIS is a mom created, web based program to help you keep track of all your families' important and not so important details. Here's a great example of how this application would work in real life...let's say your son falls, cuts his leg on a nail while playing outside and he is going to need stitches. On the way to the emergency room, you realize you don't know if his tetanus vaccine is up to date, you have an appointment at the eye doctor this afternoon AND there is some bill that is due today but you can't remember which one. But you did manage to grab your iPad while rushing out the door. Ah ha! BLIS to the rescue. You can access all your families' medical history and records, look up your eye doctor's number (because you never saved it in your phone) and check the calendar to figure out which bills were due today. You can even save websites to make it easier to directly link to your accounts. And hey, since emergency room waiting rooms move about as fast as molasses on a cold day, you can even use the menu planning section of the site to plan your next week of meals and generate a shopping list to make the stop at the store on the way home easier. And boom goes the dynamite!
BLIS is available for around $10 a month (based on the yearly subscription price.) For more information, click on the logo above or visit their website at www.myblis.com. Here is a sample of how you can organize your home with BLIS:
- Full Calendar with Day, Week & Month Views
- Email Reminders
- Create, Edit & Save To Do Lists
- Plan & Save Vacation & Party Details
- Menu Planning, Grocery Lists, & an Electronic Recipe Box
- Organize Household Contact & Emergency Information
- Record Home Inventory Room By Room, Maintain Household Appliance Records & Home Repair Information
- Organize Account Records, Medical Records & Medical Histories
- Child Care Worksheets
- Multi-User Friendly & Remote Access
October is TechTalk at Simple Solutions Design. I'll be introducing you to ways you can use your computer and smart phone to keep yourself and your family organized.