Here are some ideas to combat that anxiety so you can get those organizing projects started:
- Break your project down into smaller, more manageable pieces. Consider creating small daily goals (See G is for Goal Setting).
- Create an Attack Plan so you can see what your success path will be. This can also help with creating those smaller tasks that can be completed on a daily basis.
- Ask for help. Whenever I have a large organizing project in my own home (cleaning out my garage, moving rooms around, etc) I call in my mom for help. She is my personal organizing guru.
- Breathe. It may not all get done today, but if you complete a small part of your project you will have more done than if you didn't start at all.
- Congratulate yourself on your achievements no matter how small. Don't wait until everything is done to feel good about what you accomplish. Most projects are constantly evolving and will never truly be completely over.
NEXT UP: P IS FOR PUT IT AWAY
In honor of the school year beginning, I will be exploring the ABC's of Organizing until the end of September. Check back daily to find out more!